Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

23 March 2014
target="_blank">The Sunday Post

This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.



So, what did I do last week? 

Not a lot actually. Well, apart from working.  But I made a point this week of not doing any overtime and left on time every day (my 'normal' hours would be 8am-4pm). I felt so much more relaxed in the evenings, coming home in time  (my commute is about 1.5 hours. And I managed to post every day! The weather has certainly turned here last week, it's so much colder. Temperatures are mid 30's during night and  no higher than 50 during the day - definitely not weather to enjoy sitting in the back yard.


Finish - Start

I finished 2 books last week
  • Journey into the Mystic by Jesse Giles Christiansen
  • Celebr8 Success by Gill Donnell (non-fiction)
Review on both are to follow.

I started reading:

  • Under the Dragon's Claw by Alex George


This book is outside my unusual genres, I haven't read about dragons and mystical creatures for a while (apart from HP I suppose). But that's why I love being a book reviewer / blogger to stretch myself to genres outside my comfort zone. I've just started the book and getting into it.


On the blog last week

Reviews:




Memes / Features:






Around the blogosphere




Added to my stash

Received for Review:

The Kingsland Series by Deborah Hill

1. This is the House
2. The House of Kingsley Merrick
3. The Heir



Bought:

Didn't buy any E-books this week, neither paid nor Freebies! But here is the haul I got last week when I went to a few charity / thrift shops in town:




  • Twilight / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer ( I have read them before from the library when they first came out, but hey, as they presented themselves to me … and my daughter never read them)
  • The Girl who played with Fire by Stieg Larsson (Millennium II)
  • Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging by Louise Rennison
  • Best Kept Secret by Jeffrey Archer
  • Wer hier stirbt ist wirklich tot by Maximo Duncker (German book: crime/humour  - how did that find it's way into a thrift shop in SE England I shall never know!!) 
  • The Devil's Star by Jo Nesbo
  • Bared to You by Sylvia Day
  • A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen



What I'm planning next week for the blog

Reviews:

Journey into the Mystic by Jesse Giles Christiansen



Opening the Book by Rachel Van Riel & Olive Fowler (non fiction)


Insomnia by Stephen King


Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell


Memes / Features:


  • First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro and Tuesday Teaser: Celebr8 Success by Gill Donnell MBE (non fiction)




  • Feature and Follow

Next weeks question will be an Activity.
 Snap it Time! A picture is worth a thousand words. Anything and anything. Just give us a pic
  • What type of reader are you?
The thrill seeker
The stressed out reader
The avid reader
The self-protective reader
The ambitious reader
The indulgent reader


Have a great week my dear bookish friends.
Peggy x