Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

20 March 2014


Thoughtful Thursday is hosted by Pamela at Reading is Fun Again. Pamela will ponder usually a reading-related topic - come in and join :)

This weeks thoughts are on:

How do you read a book series? (Do you read each book as it comes out? Do you wait for a few books to come out in a series before starting it? Do you wait until the entire series is out and marathon it? Do you reread all of the books that are currently out before you read the next one?)


Now, tell me if I'm completely wrong, but book series are a (relatively) recent development in the publishing / reading world, aren't they? I mean, looking back 20 years or so (and I am 45, so I can look back 20 years *smile*) I can't really remember any 'proper' series. Or did it just completely bypass me back than? I think nowadays new writers who want a traditional publishing contract are expected to write for it to become a series - and that applies to most genres. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean it is a bad thing.

So, coming back to the question - how to I read a book series?Simple answer - I read them as each book comes out. I like to 'mix and match' books so yeah, when the next one comes out, it is added on. With Harry Potter, for example, I was not aware of the 1st and 2nd book - as than they were marketed as children's books and that was not a genre I was really interested in. I think I only read them when book 3 came out and the 'buzz' started. 

Happy reading my bookish friends from


Peggy