Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

29 June 2014
The Sunday Post


This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.



So, what did I do last week?



After almost 1/2 year of blogging, I so hope I'm not entering a blogging crisis …hey, I'm still smiling. No, seriously, I've had another busy week - nothing special, just normal busy life really. Thursday a colleague was leaving our office for good and we went for a drink after work. I was home at about 11pm - no blogging of course and I never seem to have time to pre-schedule posts ready either (no time to write up posts). Friday hubby and me went out to a bar for a little sneaky drink - yes, I know, two days in a row! But hubby and me usually do this on a Friday following his pay-day. So, late home again and no blogging. No commenting either - yes, I haven't been very good again this week. But I still love blogging and definitely want to keep going. Maybe I have to find a better balance? Maybe not 'beat myself up' if I don't post every day and can't take part in the memes I hoped to take part? Where do you find the balance fellow bloggers :)

Also, I'm receiving a few emails from authors / agents where I prev. accepted a book for review, now asking me when / how far I've gotten with reading them and reviewing. I always tell them right at the beginning that I'm happy to accept, but it may take several weeks, as I do have a queue for review books (which is on my blog - I do point them to that). Arrgh, I don't want to disappoint but do start to feel 'pressured' in a way. Pressured is maybe a too harsh word, I mean I don't lose sleep over it, but…. Again, how to you cope with it, or do I have to have a thicker skin?? 



This is more for the authors amongst us, but it still raised a smile with me :)



New: The Coroner's Officer

2 of my old cases from 2012 were in court this week, phew, it's always a relief when I get an old case 'through'. There are several reasons why it can take such a long time. One of the cases was a multiple death from a drugs overdose, and due to the circumstances we had to have a jury. Not many cases are with juries, and we only have a very limited amount of jury weeks in any one year and spaces to book these run out quickly. The other case from 2012 needed expert evidence on diabetes treatment. To get an expert is always a bit more complicated (find the expert, agree on his/her payment terms etc). Still, at the end, it was a successful week.

This week at The Coroner's Officer I am talking about
Time of death 



On the blog last week

Reviews:





Memes / Features: 






Finish / Start


I'm still reading the same book The Heir (Kingsland Book 3) by Deborah Hill, but hoping to finish it today or tomorrow and post a review.

My next read will be:
The Groundbreaking (The Love under Construction Series) by Deandra Hall




Added to my stash

No, didn't get anything, but mainly because I didn't properly review my emails with review requests etc - will need to get my house in order first I think before I take on anything new. And no freebies either as I just know I won't have the
 time and only want books on my Kindle where I know I will actually read them. I think that discipline is my German heritage LOL. If only I could be so disciplined with the food I eat :) 



This is what I'm planning next week for my blog


Reviews:

The Heir by Deborah Hill (Kingsland Book 3)



Silk Road Vegetarian by Dahlia Abraham Klein (non-fiction)
 

Gerald's Game by Stephen King

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
 


Memes / Features:

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro and Teaser Tuesdays: The Groundbreaking by Deandra Hall (Love under Construction Series)

Feature and Follow hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read
What are some of your favorite picture books – either current ones or ones from your childhood?

The Coroner's Officer #5 - The Post Mortem Examination 


Have a great week my bookish friends

Peggy x