Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

7 December 2014


The Sunday Post


Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer


~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books..share them! 
Anyone can participate as long as you:
  • Enter your link on the post- Sundays beginning at 12:01 am
    (CST) (link will be open all week)
     
  • Link back to this post or this blog 
  • Visit others who have linked up

What did I do in the last few weeks and - 

Why my blog has gotten a lot quieter...


Sure, I did not want to fall into that big 'blogger' hole full of enthusiastically started and abandoned blogs. And yes, I did make the classic mistake: posting as often as I can, accepting almost all review requests, taking part in as many meme's as I could.

There is nothing wrong with that, nothing at all. If you have the time for it and if you still enjoy it 6 months down the line. I didn't (have the time) and I didn't (enjoy it any more) as it was becoming a chore rather that a joy for me.

So, this post from Ashley at Nose Graze  was just what I needed.

We blog for ourselves. Not to please anyone. 



  • I blog for myself to share my love of reading and to keep a log of the books I read
  • If people do read my blog and like it - that's great, but I just don't have to time to keep it up to encourage loads of traffic
Here are the changes: 
  • I don't write up old reviews for books I read a while ago (not to the extend I did anyway)just to fill the blog
  • Maybe only 1 or 2 posts a week of books I read during that week or if I bought a book
  • no memes - again, no time :( 
  • I don't accept any review books at the moment at all, as I can't possibly read that much, unfortunately. And there are many books in my TBR pile (purchased, not review books) which I really really reallynlike to read. It may change after a while, but for the time being....

The downside of it is that I do miss all the lovely bloggers I 'met' and have been in regular contact with - so I try to remedy this by hopefully visiting their blogs and commenting a bit more regularly. So apologies for not being a very good friend.
(That's me, enjoying a drink in a local Spanish restaurant and my fav tipple Sangria)



I have also finally fully utilised Goodreads and made a list of my 'Books to Read' 122 at present - and I fully intend to read through this list. Oh, and I bought my own Christmas present - a Kindle Fire. I LOVE it!! I had  Kindle Paperwhite, but this is something all together different ahhhh

The other important change in my blogging life is that I finally made a serious start at writing. I am currently compiling a kind of 'my life story' for my children with special emphasis on growing up in East Germany and experiencing the fall of the Berlin Wall. Way to early to think about possible publication, and I know it is much easier these days with self publishing etc. But I'll see where it takes me and if that's what I want to do, or whether it will only be for my family. I certainly did have quite a bit of interest from colleagues and friends. So watch this space. Oh, and I do have a separate blog for my writing http://thepegster-writes.blogspot.co.uk 

I will still be around and post :) 


Here is a little re-cap of my recent reviews and posts (most of them are books received in return for a review) 

Cats, Scarves and Liars by Kathryn White



Bengali Five Spice Chronicle by Rinku Bhattacharya



      Richard and Judy Autumn Bookclub

          Hollow Shotguns by Khalid Patel

















          (I have finally bitten the bullet and read it!



          And here are books I bought recently and put them on the TBR pile

          Donna Tartt The Goldfinch


          Jilly Cooper Riders and Rivals

          (hooray for ebook bundles!)


          Hera Lind Das Superweib

          ( a German author I like, she is probably like the German Sophie Kinsella)

          So, I'm still around and doing what I love doing best - reading. 

          Happy Reading everyone
          Peggy xxx